Monday, May 18, 2009

The New Website, and Graduation!

Hey Everyone,
Check out the new mattsartain.com.  It's just launched today, packed with some new images and a new look.  You'll also notice it's simpler, and doesn't have the annoying "edu" stamp on the bottom... know why? cause I graduated!
I now have a Masters of Photography from The Academy of Art University. 
Suppose it's time to move on to the next stage of life.  It's a bit funny when you're 25 and you've spent your entire life in school... never really taken a break... it's a mixed bag of feelings when you're trying to make sense of it all.  I sure am glad to be done with school because I have felt for a little while now that I've learned what I came there to learn and I've been ready to graduate for some time.  That being said the university has offered me invaluable help towards defining my style and approach to photography.  
The most important step now is to get my book in the hands of as many people as possible.  My portfolios are printed and I don't expect them to just sit in my apartment.  Now that my focus on my final project and the task of finishing the responsibilities of a master's degree are complete, things are a bit simpler, the only focus now is getting work.
It's a new frontier!

2 comments:

Welcome to Zzz said...

Hey Matt!
Once again, congratulations! Real amazing work!

DAT said...

SUPER CONGRATS!!!! So sad we missed you, but we'd love to see you soon!